Auto refresh grid view

Mar 21, 2008 at 7:03 AM
Hi all,

I am trying to develop auto refresh grid kinda functionality but facing one problem. Grid view crash after 4 to 5 auto refresh. My code is so simple ....

<script type="text/javascript">
function FillAgency()
{
if (document.getElementById("divMessage") != null)
{
$get('divMessage').style.display = '';
DataService.GetAllAgencies(onLoadSuccess);
}
window.setTimeout("FillAgency()",10000)
}

function onLoadSuccess(result)
{
var gridView = $find('<%= GridView1.ClientID %>');

gridView.set_dataSource(result);
gridView.dataBind();

$get('divMessage').style.display = 'none';
}
</script>

<AjaxData:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" CssClass="DataWebControlStyle" CellSpacing="0" CellPadding="3">
<AlternatingRowStyle CssClass="AlternatingRowStyle" />
<RowStyle CssClass="RowStyle" />
<HeaderStyle CssClass="HeaderStyle" />
</AjaxData:GridView>

Can anbody help me out on this topic... I also have tried using latest release of control dll.
Coordinator
Jul 7, 2008 at 2:15 PM
Are you still facing that issue with the latest version?
Sep 30, 2008 at 2:17 PM

I have a very similar problem.  I am using setInterval to refresh the grid.  It would appear that there is a memory leak either in the grid or IE 7 (I haven't tested in Firefox yet).  The IE memory usage increases with each call to dataBind() and eventually, the application starts raising out of memory exceptions.  Otherwise, it works nicely.

I am using the latest 3.5 binaries.

Any help would be greatly appreciated?
Oct 1, 2008 at 2:46 PM
I have verified that Firefox does not leak memory when refreshing the grid.  I have also verified that minimizing the IE windows to the task bar releases the memory (known behavior).  I just installed XP SP3 hoping it would contain a fix but it doesn't.

This grid is unusable in IE if I can't resolve this issue.  I hope someone has a solution to this problem.

Thanks.
Sep 10, 2009 at 6:27 PM

I don't know if anybody is still frequenting this board, but just wanted to throw this in there:

I was testing this using IE6, and came across the crash after 4 or 5 refreshes. I added a 'return;' in my equivalent to the FillAgency function, which brought it up to 12 or so; adding a 'return;' in the onLoadSuccess function let it run to at least 50 (I got bored after that). Try that out and see if it resolves your memory leak issues.